We all know that kidney disease is on the rise in our country and all over the world. We as doctors have to take care of varieties of population like
- People who are at risk of developing kidney diseases and aim is to prevent kidney ailments
- Patients who have developed kidney disease and aim is to slow progression to end stage kidney disease
- Provide adequate care and support for patients who have reached end stage kidney disease and require treatment for the same.
At AIMS Hospital we believe in informed patient care.
- Help patients and their families understand kidney diseases and options for treatment
- Provide a support group for kidney patients and help them cope with the disease
- Prevent kidney disease in healthy population
Patients with a severe degree of kidney failure cannot lead a comfortable life with medications and dietary restrictions alone. They need a treatment modality known as dialysis, a procedure to purify the blood by removing toxic substances.
The term chronic renal failure denotes a permanent loss of kidney function. When a person has suffered an irreversible loss of more than 90% of kidney function, the patient is diagnosed as having end-stage renal disease. Patients with end-stage renal disease undergo lifelong maintenance dialysis or a kidney transplant.
Our department offers hemodialysis, in which the patient’s blood is filtered by an artificial kidney, Those with end- stage renal disease are given the option of either hemodialysis or Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD).
In this state-of-the-art facility patients are continuously monitored by modern electronic devices to provide smooth and comfortable treatment with a greatly reduced risk of complications.
The dialysis technician work closely with the nephrologists and the trained staff nurse to provide comprehensive care. There are also facilities for plasmapheresis, which is a procedure to remove toxins and unwanted proteins from the blood of patients who have auto-immune diseases.
Why AIMS Dialysis center???
- Largest Dialysis facility in the city of Kalyan – Dombivli with 16 dialysis machines
- State-of-the-art machines with online clearance monitoring in all machines
- Closed loop advanced RO (water treatment) plant
- Availability of all haemodialysis prescriptions (SCUF, SLED, etc.)
- 24 hour Nephrologist cover in case of emergencies
- Nutritional assessment of patients on a regular basis
- Individualized rehabilitation program for patients
- Haemodialysis facilities for young children
- Dialysis facilities for patients in the ICU (continuous renal replacement therapies etc.)
- Comprehensive home dialysis program (peritoneal dialysis) for patients of all ages, and/or patients with contraindications for haemodialysis.
At AIMS Hospital, the Department of Urology offers comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for urological conditions like kidney stones, male infertility and cancers. Our state-of-the-art urology unit offers minimally invasive, scarless options for urologic procedures and medical management of kidney disease.
The department boasts of the latest ESWL (Lithotripsy) machine that is used to treat stones. Our full time specialist surgeons and oncologists cooperate in the treatment of urological cancers and offer treatment using minimal invasive techniques.
- Comprehensive Uro-oncology services
- Upper and Lower Tract Endourology
- Laboratory Services for Microbiology and Biochemistry
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Urolithiasis – Medical and Surgical Management
Endoscopic treatment of stones and diseases of the kidney, ureter, bladder, prostate and urethra is performed through natural openings in the body avoiding the pain associated with open operations.
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Flexible ureteroscopy and laser lithotripsy
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
- Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumour (TURBT)
- Endopyelotomy and retrograde endopyelotomy
Key – hole surgery to remove and reconstruct urinary organs avoiding pain and long bed rest associated with open surgery. Nephrectomy, radical and partial nephrectomy, stone extraction, correction of hydronephrosis due to PUJ obstruction and re-implantation of the ureters are performed.
Expertise for the surgical reconstruction of congenital defects of the urinary tract either by open surgery or laparoscopy is available. Hypospadias, vesico ureteric reflux, hydronephrosis, stone disease, urethral valves, etc. are routinely corrected at AIMS Hospital.
Stones in the kidney, ureter, bladder, common diseases of the urethra (stricture), prostate (cancer, enlargement) and bladder are routinely treated. All the advanced treatment options for stones in the kidney and other parts of the urinary tract are available. The latest ESWL machine is available for the most effective crushing of stones without surgery.