The Dentistry Department at AIMS Hospital is a centre for dental care that is committed to quality and excellent patient service. We have two highly and experienced dental surgeons to improve your dental health by providing a full range of dental services.
Our Beliefs and Values
Our beliefs and values dictate our professional culture, and thus our professional behavior.
- That our professionalism and dental services will enrich people’s lives & health
- That creativity & quality in our concepts, care and services are of paramount importance
The values that guide us are
- Excellence in everything we do
- Ethical & moral conduct at all times in all our relationships
- Innovation in all areas of our service
- Social responsibility to the community in which we operate
The department has well set up and equipped infrastructure to cater to the dental needs of its patients since its inception. Our services are rendered to children, teens, adults and even patients with special health care needs
What is orthodontist?
An orthodontist is specialist in correcting irregularities in position of teeth, jaws and facial bone.
VISIT YOUR ORTHODONTIST TODAY FOR CONSULTATION
ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT AND CHILDREN
Q) When should a child first see an orthodontist?
The AAO recommends every child visit an orthodontist by age seven, unless a problem is evident earlier that way the orthodontist can determine the ideal time to begin treatment.
• EVALUATION OF PROPER JAW DEVELOPMENT , POOR ORAL HABITS
• EARLY INTERVENTION TO AVOID PROBLEM IN FUTURE LIKE JAW SURGERY.
Orthodontic treatment is not just for children, treatment is possible in adults with crowding,irregular tooth, gap in tooth and various other problems
• IMPROVE YOUR SMILE AND FACIAL ESTHETICS
• TEETH ARE EASY TO CLEAN WHEN PROPERLY ALIGNED
• PROMOTE HEALTHY GUMS AND SUPPORTING BONE
• BOOSTS SELF CONFIDENCE AND SELF ESTEEM
FAQS : BRACES AND ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT
DO BRACES HURT?
When first placed ,or during adjusting your braces during follow up , you may feel mild discomfort initially which get better within 2-3 days
IS EXTRACTION COMPULSORY FOR ORTHODNTIC TREATMENT?
NO! Every patient need not ot go for extraction for treatment, it depends on severity of malocclusion.your orthodontist will develop specific treatment plan for you
HOW LONG I NEED TO WEAR BRACES?
Every patient is unique and require different time period. It depens upon your age, patients compliance, severity of malocclusion, health of your teeth, gums and supporting bones.
CAN I EAT ANYTHING I WANT WHILE WEARING BRACES?
Avoid sticky food like caramel, jelly beans and hard food to avoid damage to your braces and wires.preferbly cut into bite size like carrots and apple.
We have skilled team of Maxillo-facial surgery includes paediatric dentists, orthodontists, endodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, prosthodontics and periodontics.
- Scaling & polishing of teeth
- Non-surgical & surgical treatments for gum disease
- Cosmetic & pre-prosthetic surgery
- Splinting of loose, mobile teeth
- Bone grafts
- Cosmetic restorations: fillings, inlays, onlays, veneers
- Smile designing
- Bleaching of teeth
- Root canal treatments
- Dental extractions
- Surgical removal of impacted teeth
- Minor oral surgeries-cyst enucleating, apicoectomies
- Acrylic & cast-metal partial dentures
- Precision-fitting partial dentures
- Complete dentures
- Bio-functional Prostheses (BPS dentures)
- Crowns & bridges
- Pediatric dentistry
- Removable orthodontics
- Habit-breaking appliances like snore guard, sports mouth guard, thumb-sucking crib, tongue-thrust crib, etc
- Tooth jewelry
- Dental prophylaxis & rehabilitation for oncology (oral cancer) cases
- Preventive dentistry
- Laser Dentistry